Monday, April 20, 2020





This past week has been another rollercoaster in America and around the world with the Covid-19 pandemic. I went to the store to get groceries and the fear in peoples eyes was heartbreaking, not one person smiled as I passed them, not one person made eye contact with me, heads down or their eyes darted somewhere else. It's sad to me because the love, the laughter and the nod of a stranger with a smile has been taken away because of this uncertain virus that is sweeping through every city and town as a silent killer. They shut us in hopes of us not getting or spreading it, however, if it's silent and it's in the air.  The main difference is that there is no cure and they say that the hospitals are overwhelmed and that is really the reason we are to stay in and do the social distancing and have our economy plummet. I could go on and on, but you are all living this with me, you know what is being said and seeing the news or social media. I am so sorry for the people who have died because of this virus and pray for their strength in the coming days.

Here is what I know for a fact: GOD is in Control. GOD will never leave us nor forsake us.
When you feel anxious, pick up the bible. It is the only place that has all the answers. Our faith shall not waiver in these times. It's now that we must stand up as strong as ever and let everyone know that we are powerful in his word. I am not a religious freak if that is what you are thinking right now as you read this, but I do have a strong relationship with GOD. As I see hate I see more love even though our world has been turned upside down, I see so many people talk of God and I see how powerful prayers are. Many prayers are being lifted for all our doctors, nurses, police, firefighters, military, grocery workers, truck drivers, and so many more people out their choosing to take on this fight against this silent killer. GOD will envelope us and keep us safe, we only have to trust in him and have faith as this plays out. We have to practice patience, which is so hard for me and for most people, especially today when we have been so accustomed to the fast of everything and the convenience in which we had. Now we are finding new ways to adapt and overcome. But, we are doing it and we are making the best of the situation we are put in. We do live in America and as a veteran of the U.S. Army, I will fight for my family and friends. What I mean by that is I will pray for each of you EVERY SINGLE DAY! Prayer is the ultimate winner in any fight, and this is no different. So as you read this, stop, be still and pray.



No comments: